2 3 Mad Monday Belly Button Key | Ballet Webb

Monday, February 24, 2020

Mad Monday Belly Button Key



Mad Monday Belly Button Key

Last week I talked about the Belly Button Wall. Today I’m presenting the Belly Button Key.

Controlling the abdominal muscles can be challenging, and they have a tendency to be forgotten, especially when a dancer is thinking about so many other things. But abdominal control is crucial for good posture and technique so try the Belly Button Key.

It’s simple. Just pretend that your belly button is a keyhole. Now, put the key in and imagine turning it. Voila! Perfect abdominal control.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #16ll:
“Imagine a belly button key.”
Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Opinions are like belly buttons; everybody has one. I never knock a man for his opinion.”

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment