2 3 Fun Friday Generating | Ballet Webb

Friday, February 14, 2020

Fun Friday Generating



Fun Friday Generating

I write a lot about equal and opposite energy patterns, and how important these are for dance technique. Today I’m going to focus on the spine and how it works for these patterns.

You can imagine the spine as the generating station (energy producing) center of the body. Everything radiates from the spine outward: up/down, side/side, front/back, etc. You can picture the energy that’s being produced as laser beams, rays of light, a mass of shooting stars – whatever works for you. But it must flow outward equally and constantly.

By focusing on the spine, you are more apt to achieve greater results in equal and opposite feelings since it all radiates from the same area.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #16ii:
“Think of the spine as the body’s generating station.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I know I can depend on books in times of trouble because they have a spine and two wings”
― Ayse Aslihan Koksoy

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment