2 3 Saturday Sayings and Superstitions | Ballet Webb

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Saturday Sayings and Superstitions



Saturday Sayings and Superstitions

The dance world is full of superstitions and sayings. I’ve talked about many of them before.

Here is a new superstition/saying. Wishing that at dancer trip on her dress is a superstition that began in old English theaters and is based on fairy folklore. Since dancers are supposed to be graceful and seldom stumble, fairies would have fun making them do so. But if a dancer kissed the hem of her skirt, thus acknowledging the fairies, presumably the fairies would be happy and the dancer would have a good performance.

Have a nice trip!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #158:
“The dance world is full of sayings and superstitions.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
My friend would spend all of his time practicing limbo. He got pretty good. He could go under a rug.”
- Stephen Wright

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment