2 3 Fun Friday Flop | Ballet Webb

Friday, June 14, 2019

Fun Friday Flop



Fun Friday Flop

Here we are again on Fun Friday – always a good time to discuss frappés.

The biggest problem with frappés is usually a lack of the appropriate amount of energy. Frappés are the sharp aggressive members of the ballet barre, and they must always appear crisp and clean – never loose or floppy.

I have talked before about how the movement of a frappé stops, but the energy continues, and that the strike happens quickly. If these things don’t happen you get flop-ays not frappés. Very scary.

There are no flop-ay frappés in ballet.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #10i:
“There are no floppy frappés.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“More than the hits, flops will have an impact on my career. In fact, flops helped me shape my career. They made me look at things from a different angle.”
-         Chiranjeevi

Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/chiranjeevi_856113?src=t_flops
Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment