2 3 Terminology Tuesday Papillon | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Papillon



Terminology Tuesday Papillon

Chaîné papillon [sheh-NAY pa-pee-YAWN] means chaînés performed like a butterfly. That is, the chaînés are done with the arms held in second position and as the right foot steps forward the right arm is lowered while the left arm is raised.

When the left foot steps forward the pattern of the arms is reversed, thus giving a wing-like, butterfly appearance to the turns.

Interestingly, if you type Chaîné papillon into Google’s search engine, you’ll get lots of results for butterfly necklaces.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #37:
“Chaîné papillon are chaînés like a butterfly.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Well, I must endure the presence of a few caterpillars if I wish to become acquainted with the butterflies.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment