2 3 Fun Friday Open Window | Ballet Webb

Friday, September 14, 2018

Fun Friday Open Window



Fun Friday Open Window

Although this image is a great way to teach pliés to children, it works for all ages.
It’s pretty self-explanatory: open the window when you plié, and close it when the legs straighten.

Emphasize that the window must be broadly open, so one could look out and see everything clearly (hence engaging a turned out position). When the window closes, the knees must be fully elongated: don’t leave the window partially open.

Have fun with it: open the window, close the window!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #2ff:
“Think of open the window, close the window to teach pliés.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Set wide the window. Let me drink the day.”
― Edith Wharton, Artemis to Actaeon and Other Verses

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment