2 3 Wild Wednesday Sissonne Variations | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, May 16, 2018

Wild Wednesday Sissonne Variations



Wild Wednesday Sissonne Variations

A student asked me recently about what a sissonne with a développé is called. I have always heard it called sissonne retombé, or sissonne doubles but it is also, not surprisingly, called sissonne développé assemblé.

The confusion is probably due to the fact that this is a compound step, or one made of a combination of other steps, like développé and assemblé.

This step is most commonly seen near the end of the male variation from Peasant Pas de Deux from the ballet Giselle (see Link of the Day).

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #15ooo:
“A sissonnes doubles or sissonne retombé is a variation on a sissonne.

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“We are not creators; only combiners of the created. Invention isn't about new ingredients, but new recipes. And innovations taste the best.”
― Ryan Lilly

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment