2 3 Saturday Pointed Statute | Ballet Webb

Saturday, May 12, 2018

Saturday Pointed Statute



Saturday Pointed Statute

Ahhhh… those lovely pointe shoes. Students spend the first years of their dance training begging to get them, and the rest of their training relieved to take them off after a hard day. Sigh.

One of the most difficult things to do in pointe shoes seems like the simplest: point the feet. However, those pesky shoes are hard and it takes a great deal of training and strength to be able to point (I prefer to say stretch) the feet the same way one does in flexible ballet shoes.

But they are called pointe shoes, after all, so we must strive to have them live up to their name. No biscuit (un-pointed) feet, please.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Statute #123:
“Strive to make pointe shoes live up to their name.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Life always begins with one step outside of your comfort zone.”
― Shannon L. Alder

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment