2 3 Marvelous Monday Etiquette | Ballet Webb

Monday, May 7, 2018

Marvelous Monday Etiquette



Marvelous Monday Etiquette

Dancers learn, almost immediately, what is expected of them in class. This goes beyond technique into classroom etiquette. It involves where to stand, how to behave, how to move across the floor, and how to properly conclude class.

At the end of a ballet class one of the accepted norms is that the teacher is – in some way – thanked. This takes different forms depending on the school or company. Most often the students applaud.

It can also include a verbal thank you to the teacher, and when I was training, we each shook the teacher’s hand and curtsied. I don’t see this done too frequently any more.

The important thing is to show appreciation. That’s not a bad thing to do in all areas of life, is it?

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #28b:
“Each studio/company has its own way to end class and thank the teacher.”
Link of the Day:


Quote of the Day:
“To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.”
― Mark Twain

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment