2 3 Technical Tuesday Hair | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Technical Tuesday Hair

Technical Tuesday Hair

The next time you put your hair in a bun, here are some interesting facts to consider. The average lifespan of a human hair is 3-7 years, so those hairs have been in a bun many, many times before.

Hair is made up of keratin, a substance also found on the outer layer of our skin and our nails. The outermost layer of hair is called the cuticle, and under a microscope you can see that this layer is made up of tiny overlapping scales-like segments. For all you science nerds, the composition of hair is: 50 percent carbon, 21 percent oxygen, 17 percent nitrogen, 6 percent hydrogen, and 5 percent sulphur.

If you want to grow your hair really long, it will take about seven years for it to reach your waist. Hair grows fastest in warm weather, and hair is the fastest growing tissue in the human body except for bone marrow.

The most common hair color is black, and the least common is red.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Anatomical Secret #26mm:
“The average lifespan of a human hair is 3-7 years.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“People always ask me how long it takes to do my hair. I don’t know, I’m never there.”
Dolly Parton

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment