2 3 Sunday Faith and Fear | Ballet Webb

Sunday, January 29, 2017

Sunday Faith and Fear





Sunday Faith and Fear

I’m going to extend yesterday’s blog about trusting your muscle memory. In addition to having faith in your muscles, think about the faith you must have in yourself to overcome all those nasty, pesky little fears of failure that hover around the edges of your consciousness.

It is difficult for dancers to have faith in themselves, I think, because we are so constantly admonished and reminded about all the things we do wrong on a daily basis. Personally, I’d like to see a shift in the ballet world toward letting dancers know when they do things well – but this requires a real paradigm shift.

Until then, remind yourself of those things you do well. It’s okay. You won’t become lazy and shiftless in your dance technique if you do. That’s because if you’ve come far enough in your dance training to be reading this blog, I know you are a motivated dancer. Highly motivated people don’t need to be hit over the head constantly in order to progress. They do enough internal criticizing as it is.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Motivational Secret #49:
Let your faith be bigger than your fear.”

 Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.”
Roy T. Bennett

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment