2 3 Fun Friday Shoe Canoes | Ballet Webb

Friday, January 27, 2017

Fun Friday Shoe Canoes







Fun Friday Shoe Canoes

As I have said before, excessive pronation (“rolling” on the arches) is an all-too-common problem for dancers. It is usually caused by forcing the turn-out from the feet instead of creating it from the hip sockets. Not good.

Here is a new way to think about this. Imagine each foot as a canoe. Canoes must stay level in the water or they will become swamped and the occupant will end up swimming. It is the same with the feet. All five toes must be on the floor (when the whole foot is), and the little toes must never be suspended in the air – otherwise the canoe will be swamped!

Two shoe canoes!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret# 4y:
Imagine your feet as two canoes and don’t allow the sides  to tip into the water.”


Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“To reach a port we must set sail –
Sail, not tie at anchor
Sail, not drift.”
Franklin D. Roosevelt

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are two coloring books! They are available on Amazon.


Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

No comments:

Post a Comment