2 3 Sunday Write It | Ballet Webb

Sunday, April 3, 2016

Sunday Write It


Sunday Write It

An end-of-the-year activity I often do with my students is the Ten-Year Plan. I ask them to write down where they would like to be and what they would like to be doing in ten years. Then, I collect the papers and file them away.

Students have contacted me years later to ask if I still have their papers. I do have them, and I’m working toward digitizing all of them. When I get a request, I send a copy to that student, unless they want the original. It is interesting for both of us to see how their lives evolved. Sometimes they are doing exactly what they laid out years before, but most of the time their path has been very different, and often surprising.

But you can do this right now, with a ten-year plan, or a five-year, a one-year, or whatever. Write down what you want in the future and file the paper away where you can find it later. It will motivate you to you put your plans on paper, and this is a technique many people use.

Try it!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Motivational Secret #108:  
Write your ten-year plan.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“You can't stop the future
You can't rewind the past
The only way to learn the secret
...is to press play.”
Jay Asher

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:


No comments:

Post a Comment