2 3 Fun Friday Feet | Ballet Webb

Friday, April 1, 2016

Fun Friday Feet


Fun Friday Feet

Happy April Fool’s Day! No, I’m not going to try and fool you with today’s blog.

Let’s talk about feet. Those all important things at the end of your legs. We are all familiar with how to stretch (point) them – or are we? So often I see students (usually the highly motivated ones) who point their feet so hard that the toes clench as though they are holding onto a wire, like a bird. Ow!

I don’t use the term “point” as often as I say “stretch”. I believe this works better to describe the correct action of the foot. There is an elongation, but there should never be a clench (where the toes curl under and almost point back toward the heel).

Also, when the foot is acting as the supporting foot, the toes are relaxed and all five toes must maintain contact with the floor.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Ballet Secret #22w:  
“When pointing the foot, do not clench the toes.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“If you want to conquer the anxiety of life, live in the moment, live in the breath.”
― Amit Ray

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

            Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:


No comments:

Post a Comment