2 3 Good Posture for Ballet | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Good Posture for Ballet


 This photograph illustrates the first secret in my yet-to-be-written Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets.

Good posture for dance can be described in many ways, and can focus on many different areas of the body (stomach in, head up, etc.).  But after all the detailed instructions have been given, I have found that this single sentence says it best:

The body is straight (aligned) and slightly forward from the ankles. 
 
 

Help expand the knowledge base!  Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

6 comments:

  1. Bianka Panova Sport and Art Academy
    The music is "Sadness" by Chopin, an emotion which came to life in the performance of Bianka. In life, we experience everything-- happiness and sadness, trust and betrayal, success and downfall.

    +65 6274 3822
    2 Bukit Merah Central
    #01-07 (the training area),
    #02-03 (common and waiting area),
    Singapore 159835

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I try to post something every day.

      Delete
  3. After I originally left a comment I appear to have clicked the -Notify me when new comments are added- checkbox and from now on each time a comment is added I recieve 4 emails with the same comment. Perhaps there is a means you can remove me from that service? Appreciate it!

    Reviewsdraw.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I come across a blog that’s equally educative and amusing, and let me tell you, you've hit the nail on the head. The issue is an issue that not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. I am very happy that I stumbled across this in my search for something concerning this. reviews onees posture brace

    ReplyDelete