2 3 Throwback Thursday Laurel and Hardy Choreography | Ballet Webb

Thursday, June 20, 2019

Throwback Thursday Laurel and Hardy Choreography



Throwback Thursday Laurel and Hardy Choreography

Former Jacksonville Florida resident Oliver “Babe” Hardy became famous after he left the Sunshine State and teamed up with Stan Laurel. Most people are familiar with their comedy, but few know that they also performed dance sequences in their films.

One that is listed as one of the 11 best silent movie dances is from That’s My Wife (1929) in which “Stan, looking lovely in an evening gown, dances the two-step with Ollie in an effort to shimmy a stolen necklace down through his undergarments!” https://silentlondon.co.uk/2014/01/21/11-best-silent-movie-dance-sequences/ See the Link of the Day below.

Another dance, from Way out West (1937) was featured in Stan & Ollie (2018) the recent movie about their life. Stan & Ollie is delightful and poignant – I recommend it. See the third and fourth Links of the Day below.

There are others dances in their movies: “The Dance” from Bonnie Scotland (1935) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OTVga0YOS4

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Dance History Secret #228:
“Laurel and Hardy filmed dance sequences.”

Link of the Day:

Quotes of the Day:
You know, there’s a right and wrong way to do everything.”
-Oliver Hardy
“If any of you cry at my funeral, I’ll never speak to you again!”
-         Stan Laurel

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment