2 3 Wacky Wednesday Caramel | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Wacky Wednesday Caramel



Wacky Wednesday Caramel

Yesterday was National Chocolate Caramel Day. Seriously. This made me think of how a plié – when performed perfectly – melts downward smoothly like the center of a chocolate caramel. It has resistance, but not too much.

Doing a plié the wrong way involves a jerky, abrupt movement. Getting to the base of the plié too fast, and/or dropping into it. This loses all the stored potential of the step for cushioning and impetus. Scary.

Instead, just think of the center of a chocolate caramel whenever you plié!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #2ee:
“Plié smoothly like the center of a chocolate caramel.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“What you see before you, my friend, is the result of a lifetime of chocolate.”
― Katharine Hepburn

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment