2 3 Terminology Tuesday Salle | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Terminology Tuesday Salle



Terminology Tuesday Salle

Autour de la salle [oh-TOOR-duh-la- sahl]is a term of the Cecchetti school, and means around the room. It is used to mean a combination of steps that is performed around the room – like a manége.

I have seldom heard this phrase used in class, instead, it is usually manége. But now you know - in case you should encounter it.

The word salle means room, and autour means around. There you have it. I love ballet – it’s so logical!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #34:
Autour de la salle means around the room.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Every limit is a beginning as well as an ending.”
― George Eliot, Middlemarch

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment