2 3 Mad Monday Peanut Butter | Ballet Webb

Monday, July 2, 2018

Mad Monday Peanut Butter



Mad Monday Peanut Butter

Beautiful port de bras are largely dependent not only on the correct shape of the arms, but also on their movement. And this movement involves resistance – no surprise here.

To create this resistance an image that is often used is this one: feel like you are moving the arms through water. Here’s another one, and one that provides a little extra resistance: imagine moving through peanut butter. (Or, if you are allergic to peanuts, soy butter or something similar).

This is especially helpful for those dancers who have a problem with droopy or limp arms.

Penaut power!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #6hhh:
“Imagine moving your arms through peanut butter.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
 Peanut butter, in my opinion, belonged in sandwiches and nowhere else.”
― Morgan MatsonAmy & Roger's Epic Detour

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment