2 3 Wild Wednesday Chocolate | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, July 19, 2017

Wild Wednesday Chocolate


Wild Wednesday Chocolate

I’ve never met a dancer that didn’t like chocolate. And chocolate can be used (imaginarily), in many things in ballet. Calorie-free chocolate!

For example, in développés, to keep the movement smooth and seamless, imagine the leg moving through melted chocolate. This helps provide the all-important resistance so critical in many areas of ballet.

In fact, any melted substance of similar consistency – like butter – will work too. But I prefer chocolate, myself.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #11l:
 “In a developpé, imagine the leg moving through melted chocolate.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate.”
Linda Grayson

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment