2 3 Fun Friday Ceiling Attachment | Ballet Webb

Friday, July 14, 2017

Fun Friday Ceiling Attachment


Fun Friday Ceiling Attachment

I’ve talked before about good ballet posture and how it helps to imagine a string that’s attached to the top of your head being pulled upward and ever-so-slightly forward.

Now think of this during any pirouette: A string, connected to the ceiling and to the top of your head. It stays firm, lengthened and taut during the pirouette, preventing the body from deviating in any other direction.

I like to think of this as the “string theory” of pirouettes.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #14dd:
“During pirouettes, imagine a string attached from your head to the ceiling.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“String theory makes sense to me because the universe is a symphony that creates harmony with the vibration of our strings.”
Kamand Kojouri

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:




No comments:

Post a Comment