2 3 World Teacher Day | Ballet Webb

Saturday, October 5, 2013

World Teacher Day



World Teacher Day

In each student’s journey there are many great teachers.  And sometimes, it only takes a single small moment to make a teacher “great” in the life of a student.  A kind word, a phrase of encouragement given at the right moment, or just a genuine smile may be all it takes to change a student’s path.  A teacher myself, it helps when I remember this – especially on a trying day.

We are all teachers, in many ways.  As the song goes in The King and I, “…when you become a teacher, by your pupils you’ll be taught…”  How true!  Over the years I have probably learned more from my students than they ever learned from me.  And they would probably be surprised to hear this!

What else makes a teacher great?  When I think back on my own teachers, it’s the small incidents that stand out.  Sometimes, it was the one statement I needed to hear in order to grow.  Sometimes, it was the proverbial push of “tough love”.  Sometimes it was a compliment I never expected.  All of these little things, and more, added up.

 So to all the great teachers who lined my road:  Thank you!  I use your wisdom every day.

 

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Motivational Secret #3a:

“The road to greatness is always lined with great teachers.”

 

                Link of the Day:

                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQU3EphIpMY

 

Quote of the Day:

“A teacher affects eternity:  He can never tell where his influence stops.”

-Henry Adams

 

                Help expand the knowledge base!

 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment