2 3 Terminology Tuesday Elan | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, May 12, 2020

Terminology Tuesday Elan



Terminology Tuesday Elan

The word elan [ay-LAHN] means energy, enthusiasm and style. In dance it refers to the way a dancer attacks or executes a step. In French the term means “to dart” and is often spelled élan.

When a dancer is said to have performed with élan, it means they danced with a certain style or uniqueness. Synonyms for elan are: ArdorDashFlairPanacheStyleZeal.


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Terminology Secret #92:
“Élan refers to the way a dancer executes a step.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“You know, Minister, I disagree with Dumbledore on many counts...but you cannot deny he's got style...”
― J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Check out my coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment