2 3 Wild Wednesday Brilliant Brisés | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, October 30, 2019

Wild Wednesday Brilliant Brisés



Wild Wednesday Brilliant Brisés

For some reason, brisés seem to strike fear in the hearts of many students. It’s true that it takes a bit of practice to get the feet to beat and not miss, but once that is accomplished, I think brisés are rather fun.

You will remember Ballet Secret #15n:  “The secret to a brisé is in the plié.” And after the plié comes another secret: Brush! Just like your parents always told you about good dental health, good brisé health comes from brushing.

It is that lovely downward brushing push that helps the feet beat.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Ballet Secret #15cccc:
“Brush your brisés.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Every life is a canvas and every interaction is a brush, therefore we’d be wise to consider how we handle the paint.”
― Craig D. Lounsbrough

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment