2 3 Mad Monday Word | Ballet Webb

Monday, October 14, 2019

Mad Monday Word



Mad Monday Word

Sometimes a single word is all it takes to unlock a new sensation and improve technique.

Today’s word is elongate. The definition from the Merriam-Webster dictionary is: “to draw out to greater length; lengthen; extend”. I can think of many instances where elongating could be beneficial in ballet. Elongate the spine, elongate the feet, elongate the neck, etc.

In other words, elongate is another way of saying “stretch”. And dancers know all about that.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #30a:
Elongate is a great word for improving posture.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Creativity expands the mind, stretches it beyond ordinary human comprehension, resulting in the mind being elastic and capable of transcending and discerning complex ideas.”
― Michael Bassey Johnson, The Infinity Sign

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment