2 3 Fun Friday Brisé | Ballet Webb

Friday, March 11, 2016

Fun Friday Brisé


Fun Friday Brisé

Ballet Secret #15n states:  “The secret to a brisé is in the plié.” Here is another way to think about that important concept, today’s Ballet Secret #15rr: “A brisé must begin with a push from both feet.”

This is not as intuitive as it sounds. The tendency is for dancers to shift their weight onto the leg that will be the following leg, allowing the all-important leading leg to lose its critical contact against the floor.., and thus lose the impetus for the jump. Scary. Sometimes it helps to go one step further (no pun intended) and think about pushing with the leading foot.

If you don’t think this pushing from both feet is important, try doing a reverse brisé without it!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Secret #15rr:  
“A brisé must begin with a push from both feet.”

                Link of the Day:


Quote of the Day:
“Imagination is like a muscle. I found out that the more I wrote, the bigger it got.”
― Philip José Farmer

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

            Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful post. I am dancing, yoga and barre class lover. I feel good and flexible by doing these. I got to know many new things from your blog. Thank you very much. I am refreshed.



    Ballet equipment |
    Ballet Workout Dvd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I'm always happy to know that my posts have helped.

    ReplyDelete