2 3 Mad Monday Parallel | Ballet Webb

Monday, August 12, 2019

Mad Monday Parallel



Mad Monday Parallel

In classrooms that have portable barres, I always tell my students to place the barre parallel to the mirror. This allows them to see themselves from the side and makes it easier (and more apparent) to see and correct errors in alignment.

Also, in barre exercises that angle in and out, students can watch their supporting leg and foot and monitor whether they are pivoting on the ball of the foot, or (gasp!) the heel.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #16y:
“Place the barre parallel to the mirror.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Proper posture sends a positive message since 90% of all communication occurs through body language and how you carry yourself.”
― Cindy Ann Peterson, My Style, My Way: Top Experts Reveal How to Create Yours Today

Help expand the knowledge base!
Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:

No comments:

Post a Comment