2 3 Wacky Wednesday Hard to Beat | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Wacky Wednesday Hard to Beat



Wacky Wednesday Hard to Beat

Yesterday I talked about the word entrechat and how the French definition means “between cat”. Today I’m focusing on how to improve these beats.

Those pesky beats! The feet always want to go around (front to back) instead of cleanly sideways. What to do? Here’s a good way to practice: jump from fifth to second, then come in and beat, then return to second. Keep doing this, landing back in second every time until it feels relatively comfortable.

Then make the second position smaller. Keep reducing the width of the second position until it becomes fifth – voila! Beats that goes side-to-side instead of front-to-back.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #15qqq:
“ Practice jumping from second position to improve beats.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything.”
― George Bernard Shaw

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:




No comments:

Post a Comment