2 3 Wild Wednesday Pearls | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Wild Wednesday Pearls



Wild Wednesday Pearls

Well, here it is Valentine’s Day! I wonder what surprises await you today. Candy? Flowers? Jewelry? Perhaps a string of pearls. Now that I mention it, a string of pearls is a handy postural image.

Imagine the spine as a string of pearls, secured at the bottom by a knot. Now imagine the knot coming apart, allowing the pearls to slide down the string, slowly – putting increasing space between each pearl. This will help you feel the elongation of the spine so necessary for good posture in ballet.

Have a Happy Valentine’s Day!


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #1qqq:
“Imagine the spine as a string of pearls.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“After all," Anne had said to Marilla once, "I believe the nicest and sweetest days are not those on which anything very splendid or wonderful or exciting happens but just those that bring simple little pleasures, following one another softly, like pearls slipping off a string.”
L.M. Montgomery, Anne of Avonlea

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment