2 3 Technical Tuesday Frown | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Technical Tuesday Frown



Technical Tuesday Frown

Feeling tired lately? Maybe you are working too hard. Maybe you are frowning and using all of the 43 muscles it takes to do that. Try smiling instead. That only uses 17. Big difference! But…

That being said, some other sources say there isn’t that much of a difference. Hmmm.  According to www.sciencemadesimple.co.uk/curriculum-blogs/biology-blogs/muscles, smiling requires 10 or 12 muscles, frowning 6 - 11. The difference isn’t great, but there it is. So you are still using more energy than you need – and we all know that one of the secrets in ballet is to use the energy you need, no more and no less. And in ballet every little thing, no matter how little, counts.

So relax. Smile more  and frown less. You might have energy left over that can be used for other things like pirouettes and jumps...

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #28tt:
“You use more muscles in your face when you frown.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I'm not frowning, I'm just smiling upside down.”
- Anonymous

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment