2 3 Wild Wednesday Hip Ribbons | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Wild Wednesday Hip Ribbons



Wild Wednesday Hip Ribbons

 A penchée is a beautiful step, but one that dancers often have difficulty mastering. So much so that I knew one dance director who always included at least one in her auditions.

But take heart! Help is on the way. I’ve blogged about penchées before, so you can search and find other ideas besides today’s image. It is: Imagine wide ribbons, (like the ones used by aerial artists) tied around the hip area that then attach to the ceiling (with gentle upward pressure).

These ribbons help support the penchée, while keeping the pelvis in a single, stable place that doesn’t rock too far forward or back. 

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #11n:
Imagine the hips supported by wide ribbons tied to the ceiling during penchée.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and with too high a spirit to be encumbered with your old nonsense.”
Ralph Waldo Emerson

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:



No comments:

Post a Comment