2 3 Sunday Growing and Becoming | Ballet Webb

Sunday, December 11, 2016

Sunday Growing and Becoming



Sunday Growing and Becoming

Yesterday I discovered a great quote and idea from famous author Kurt Vonnegut (Slaughterhouse-Five). He was answering a letter written to him by some students. His advice to them was this: “Practice any art, however well or badly, not to get money and fame, but to find out what’s inside you.” He goes on to say that by doing this, a person gets to experience “becoming”, and this grows one’s spirit. 

I think every dancer, artist, writer, etc. out there understands what he means by that. It is that sensation, intuitive knowing, or feeling of –dare I say– bliss, that comes from learning something new and feeling a sense of accomplishment, however small.

Pursuing the experience of becoming  grows your spirit, soul, essence, heart, or whatever you want to call it. It makes life richer.

Try it!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Motivational Secret #44:  
Grow your spirit.

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”
Kurt Vonnegut

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest book is a coloring book! It is available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment