2 3 Marvelous Monday Shake It Up | Ballet Webb

Monday, December 12, 2016

Marvelous Monday Shake It Up



Marvelous Monday Shake It Up

Shake things up. Rock your world. Do something out of your comfort zone. You’ve probably heard all these things. For dancers, there is a simple way to do this. Stand in a different place. Gasp!

I know. You have your “spot” at the barre. I did too. But by standing somewhere else, you shake things up just a little bit, and in doing so, experience the world differently. It will probably feel uncomfortable, and that’s great. I had a wonderful teacher who used to force us to do this periodically, and I do the same now with my students.

To shake things up even more, stand in a different place in the center. If you always hang in the back line, be brave and move forward. Scary, I know. But by pushing your comfort zone, you grow.

And that’s what it’s all about, right?

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #10jjj:  
Stand in a different place.

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
We have to be honest about what we want and take risks rather than lie to ourselves and make excuses to stay in our comfort zone.”
Roy T. Bennett

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest book is a coloring book! It is available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment