2 3 Wacky Wednesday Travel Day | Ballet Webb

Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Wacky Wednesday Travel Day



Wacky Wednesday Travel Day

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I present Travel Day. Many of you will probably be traveling to visit loved ones today or tomorrow, so I thought it would be a good time to talk about how important traveling is in ballet technique.

So often dancers perform as though they are on a postage stamp. Their steps are tiny and underneath them. This is usually caused by insecurity. When this happens the dancer “pulls back” into oneself and doesn’t move very far – literally or figuratively.

So on this day filled with travel, take a moment to remember how important it is to reach out from all the extremities (arms, legs, head, feet, etc.); “use the full floor space”; and step further than you think is necessary. 

Safe travels everyone!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #10ggg:  
Traveling is important.

                Link of the Day: 


Quote of the Day:
“Books are the plane, and the train, and the road. They are the destination, and the journey. They are home.”
Anna Quindlen, How Reading Changed My Life

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest book is a coloring book! It is available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment