2 3 Mad Monday Massage | Ballet Webb

Monday, November 28, 2016

Mad Monday Massage



Mad Monday Massage

I noticed some advertisements this week suggesting that a gift certificate for a massage would make a perfect Christmas gift. It made me think about how dancers could use the image of  a massage during each tendu.

The tendency of tendus to leave the floor (thus becoming a dégagé) is a common problem, and this negates the whole purpose of the exercise. Instead, imagine massaging the bottom of the tendu foot with the floor. This keeps the necessary contact, and warms up the muscles of the foot in the process.

A foot massage with every tendu!

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Secret #4w:  
“Imagine massaging the bottom of the foot with the floor in a tendu.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Intelligence plus character-that is the goal of true education.”
Martin Luther King Jr.

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest book is a coloring book! It is available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment