2 3 Saturday Pez Statute | Ballet Webb

Saturday, September 17, 2016

Saturday Pez Statute



 
Saturday Pez Statute

Earlier this week I talked about how the head in a cambré should never drop backwards. It should follow an arc-like pattern to protect the more delicate vertebrae of the neck – and to look lovely.

To help with this, one of my students shared this idea that she heard from one of my colleagues: No Pez Heads! That’s right. Those iconic candy containers where the head portion drops backward to reveal the sweets inside. These items are so famous they were even featured on a episode of Seinfeld.

It is the perfect image for a very common problem. No Pez heads, please.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute #84:  
There are no Pez heads in ballet.

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Unless you try to do something beyond what you have already mastered, you will never grow.”
Ronald E. Osborn

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment