2 3 Sunday Cache | Ballet Webb

Sunday, November 9, 2014

Sunday Cache


Sunday Cache

Recently, I was reading about methods people use to stay motivated.  Perhaps surprisingly, one of the top things mentioned was keeping a collection of favorite quotes.  I put a Quote of the Day on each blog, and I enjoy using quotes in my classroom.  But I never thought about actually keeping a collection of them.  It sounds like a good idea.

This cache of quotes can be kept in an online file, a small notebook, a diary, or even in an audio file.  Whatever works for you.  Start a collection today.  Get a notebook and start saving favorite sayings.  Then, when you feel unmotivated or uninspired, open it up and savor some uplifting thoughts.

I think I’ll add some short poetry to my collection as well.  Here is one of my favorites:

If I can stop one heart from breaking,
I shall not live in vain;
If I can ease one life the aching,
Or cool one pain,
Or help one fainting robin
Unto his nest again,
I shall not live in vain.  
-Emily Dickinson

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Motivational Secret #46:  
“Consider creating a quote cache.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:

Risk

And then the day came,
when the risk
to remain tight
in a bud
was more painful
than the risk
it took
to Blossom.“

- Anais Nin

            Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment