2 3 Terminology Tuesday Ballabile | Ballet Webb

Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Terminology Tuesday Ballabile



Terminology Tuesday Ballabile

Ballabile, pronounced  bahl-LAY-bee-lay is Italian for danceable.

Here is the definition from Merriam-Webster: “a dance in classic ballet performed by the corps de ballet by itself or with the principal dancers.”
Here is the definition from Gail Grant’s Technical Manual and Dictionary of Classical Ballet:A dance for a group or corps de ballet without solos.”

Sounds a bit confusing, but I assume that the principal dancers in the first definition must be dancing with the corps, and not alone as a soloist.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #30m:
“Ballabile means danceable.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Sometimes, reaching out and taking someone's hand is the beginning of a journey.
At other times, it is allowing another to take yours.”
― Vera Nazarian, The Perpetual Calendar of Inspiration

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment