2 3 Fun Friday Promotional | Ballet Webb

Friday, August 26, 2016

Fun Friday Promotional




Fun Friday Promotional

I’ve talked about linking steps like glissade, chassé, tombé and pas de bourrée, etc. But these linking do more than simply connect steps together. Like a publicity agent, or a laundry booster, or an accelerator, linking steps promote and amplify whatever step or steps follow. I like to think of them as promotional steps.

This is a big thing. Try dancing without any linking steps and you’ll see what I mean. These linking steps provide the impetus, (power), so dancing without them is like running on a low or dead battery. Promotional steps also make the transitions smooth and the movement more effortless. A fully charged battery is always preferable, in dance or a computer mouse.

Never underestimate the power of these promotional steps and hone them until they are the best they can be.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Ballet Secret #22aa:  
“Chassé and glissade are two promotional steps.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“I've learned... . That being kind is more important than being right.”
H. Jackson Brown Jr.

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment