2 3 Sunday If | Ballet Webb

Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday If



Sunday If

The word “if” is an interesting one. Depending on the word it is paired with, the meaning can be motivational or depressing. I’ve blogged before about ideas like: “What would you do IF you knew you couldn’t fail?” etc. This is an example of a motivational “if”.

But one of the depressing pairings is “if only”. Adding “only” really drags it down. How many times do we say something like: “If only I had perfect turn-out my life would be great”; or “if only I had more money I would be happy”. The “if only” phrase probably contributes to more unhappiness than we imagine, because it puts the focus on what we don’t have, instead of what we do have.

Eliminate “if only”. Try it.    
         
From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Motivational Secret #155
Eliminate the phrase “if only”.

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Maybe everyone can live beyond what they're capable of.”
Markus Zusak

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:
http://balletconnections.com/DebraWebbRogers


No comments:

Post a Comment