2 3 Fun Friday Encircle | Ballet Webb

Friday, April 13, 2018

Fun Friday Encircle



Fun Friday Encircle

Sometimes – dare I say most of the time – the problems dancers have with pirouettes are all in their head. Not all the time, of course, but often. Today I present  a fun demonstration that can help a student who always falls over (usually backwards) during a pirouette.

Select four students and have them hold hands and make a circle around a dancer preparing to do a pirouette. Tell the pirouette dancer that he/she must do a single pirouette and not fall against or touch the dancers in the circle.

Usually, because of the perceived barrier, the pirouette dancer will turn better than usual – sometimes even brilliantly. It’s all in the mind!

But you knew that, didn’t you?


From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets
Secret #20t.:
”Have a student pirouette inside a circle.”

Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Biology gives you a brain. Life turns it into a mind.”
― Jeffrey EugenidesMiddlesex

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest books are coloring books! They are available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

Or visit my Pinterest page:

For interesting articles involving mental health:



No comments:

Post a Comment