2 3 Saturday Shortcut Statute | Ballet Webb

Saturday, October 29, 2016

Saturday Shortcut Statute



Saturday Shortcut Statute

There are no shortcuts in ballet. Unless, of course you count Ballet Secrets. I guess those might be a kind of shortcut. But other than that, there are no shortcuts. If there were shortcuts, believe me, dancers would have found them. 

Ballet is the great equalizer. Few, if any, dancers have everything. If you have flexibility, you lack strength; if you are strong, you lack flexibility. No one has it all. Therefore everyone has to work, push, forge ahead with determination. There are no shortcuts.

Be thankful for the balletic gifts you have, and work on those you don’t have. Don’t take the common shortcut of using only those things you have and ignoring the others. It won’t work. There are no shortcuts in ballet.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:
Ballet Statute #89:  
“There are no shortcuts in ballet.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“Short cuts make long delays.”
J.R.R. Tolkien

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

My latest book is a coloring book! It is available on Amazon.

Want to know more about me? Read my interview at Ballet Connections:

Or "Like" me on my Facebook Author Page:

No comments:

Post a Comment