2 3 Sunday Future | Ballet Webb

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Sunday Future



Sunday Future

In this season of life changing events like weddings and graduations, I sometimes give my students a short assignment. It is usually done during the last class of the year or close to it. I tell them to write down where they would like to be and what they hope to be doing in ten years. It’s the Ten-Year Assignment.

This type of activity can help motivate at any time of the year, however. By physically writing down goals and dreams, it helps clarify them, and provides a tangible item to refer to – now or in the future.

Students have contacted me ten years later and asked if I still have their papers. I do. It is interesting to see how closely, or how differently their lives unfolded compared to what they wrote down as teenagers.

So write down your goals, both near and far. Put the paper in a safe place. Refer to it often – or in ten years. It will be inspirational and educational.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Motivational Secret #77:  
“ Write your future story.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”
Eleanor Roosevelt

                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

Want to know more about me?  Here is my interview on Ballet Connections:


No comments:

Post a Comment