2 3 Sunday Pay It Forward | Ballet Webb

Sunday, January 18, 2015

Sunday Pay It Forward


Sunday Pay It Forward

Most of us have seen the movie Pay It Forward, and most of us are familiar with the concept of returning a favor by doing a favor later for someone else. Well, I was on the receiving end of several favors last Saturday when my car broke down.

While I waited for AAA on the side of the road, the first person who stopped to offer help was an older gentleman who looked under the hood and gave me a spot-on diagnosis. The next person was a gentleman who pulled up beside my car and simply asked if he could do anything to help. Then there was the lady and her children in a minivan (with an FSU license plate on the front) who obviously had a full plate herself. But she stopped and asked if she could bring me some water or anything to make my wait more comfortable! Finally, as AAA was loading my car onto a wrecker, the first gentleman stopped by again to make sure I was “still okay”.

Days of car trouble aren’t usually regarded as wonderful days. But thanks to the kind people who offered help to me, last Saturday will always be a great day in my memory. This is a thank you to those kind strangers and a promise that I will pay it forward.

I invite all my readers help someone in need whenever they can do so safely, and to pay forward any kindnesses that are done for them.

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Secret #54:  
“Pay it forward.”

                Link of the Day:

Quote of the Day:
“You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have truly lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.”
- Henry Drummond


                Help expand the knowledge base!
 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment