2 3 Entering a New Phrase | Ballet Webb

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Entering a New Phrase


Entering a New Phrase

Here it is, motivational Sunday again!  Today I’d like to talk about an idea I ran across last week that I think will be helpful for those dancers and dance teachers (and lots of other people, too) who may be feeling somewhat less than motivated right now.

Instead of saying to yourself “I have to…” replace that mental phrase with “I get to…”  “I get to take class early today…” “I get to go grocery shopping after work…”, etc.  This simple change forces a different perspective - one that is more positive.  It also fosters a better awareness of the benefits that surround us, no matter what our circumstances.

 

From the Big Blue Book of Ballet Secrets:

Motivational Secret #1b:  

Replace saying “I have to…” with “I get to…”.”

 

                Link of the Day:


 

Quote of the Day:

“Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier.”

-          Mother Teresa

 

                Help expand the knowledge base!

 Leave a comment about any instructions, ideas, or images that worked best for you!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment